My Profession: Chiropractic
Hands-on adjustments that free up the body, ease pain and help you feel like yourself again.
“Chiropractors are qualified health professionals who offer treatment for problems with the bones, joints and muscles that support the body (the ‘musculoskeletal system’)”
(General Chiropractic Council)
Free Up the Body
Chiropractic adjustments help improve freedom of movement, by releasing stiffness in the joints and muscles.
Chiropractic is effective for back pain, neck pain, headaches and joint pain, and more.
These are the conditions that chiropractors are permitted to state that we can help with:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrence
- Ankle sprain (short term management)
- Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Tension and inability to relax
Some Common Questions
I graduated from the Welsh Institute of Chiropractic at the University of South Wales in 2004 with a BSc (hons) Chiropractic degree. I am registered with the General Chiropractic Council (reg. 02311), and am fully insured.
Chiropractic is generally very safe when performed correctly by a trained and registered chiropractor. Chiropractors are trained to ensure that any treatment you receive is a safe and appropriate treatment for you. (from the GCC website)
What to Expect: Initial Consultation
On your first visit you will have an initial consultation, with a detailed history and examination. Possibly x-rays if they are needed. You may or may not receive treatment on the first visit, depending on your situation.
Chiropractors are the only complimentary health profession trained and qualified to use x-rays. X-rays aren't always necessary but when they are indicated, can be a helpful tool for diagnosis.
Here’s a simple chiropractic demonstration that shows some of the typical tests and adjustments we might do in a treatment session.
Each visit your chiropractor will check your spine, and often test how the muscles are working. Then perform the adjustments (the techniques chiropractors use) to help things work better.
Andrew had back pain for 10 years.
George was off work with sciatica.
Julia had arm pain for 3 months.
Daily migraines gone, and sciatica much better
Sara had back pain for 12 years.
15 Minute health class example.
We run health classes at the clinic on how to get the best results from your chiropractic care, as well as topics such as posture, nutrition, exercise and overall well-being.
I was the first British chiropractor to take part in the annual chiropractic mission trip to Piedras Negras, in the North of Mexico.
Organized by Dr’s James & Terri Coates, in association with Rotary International, we treated hundreds people who don’t have access to healthcare.
It was a beautiful experience and an honour to work for such a good cause. I met some wonderful people who are still good friends.
I work at Crawley Spinal Health
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH ME PLEASE CONTACT THE CLINIC
(formerly known as West Sussex Chiropractic Clinic)